Location: Harbor Springs and Charlevoix, Michigan
Purpose: To provide administrative support to the Sales Department and Ship Store.
- Answer and route phone calls and emails professionally and accurately
- Use Excel to manage lists to include brokerage listings, customer files, and inventory lists
- Generate and distribute reports and listing agreements
- Manage manufacturer rebates and incentive programs
- Register manufacturer warranty information
- Update and maintain customer database
Sales and Store Support Responsibilities:
- Greet and help customers entering the store and sales area
- Lead management for walk-in traffic and Internet leads
- Maintain and continuously improve customer follow-up
- Update and maintain brokerage boards
- Show boats and photograph boats for listings
- Assist with customer communication and concerns, paperwork, and sales procedures
- Act as back-up to store staff to include register operation, stocking, flag tasks, coffee, and customer service
- Maintain showroom and build boats for showroom display
- Assist with selling seasonal dockage
- Assist with transient dockage during the shoulder seasons of spring and fall
Event Planning and Marketing Responsibilities:
- Use prospecting tools to increase customer base
- Help oversee social media accounts and develop strategies to improve positive exposure
- Update, maintain, and print all forms of advertising
- Arrange special projects and events from inception through completion, including managing to a budget and assessing the effectiveness of the event.
- Maximize exposure of events via social media, advertising, and other methods
- Update website
Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Have a love for the marine industry and boating
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact positively with people
- Outgoing, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated
- Willingness to learn and be an active team member
- Proficiency in Word and Excel applications, experience with In-Design and/or Publisher preferred
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs, to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally, and to get on/off boats of varying sizes
- Ability and willingness to work six days a week during the high season and sometimes Sundays for special events
Job Type: Full-time
- Boating experience preferred but not required: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Valid Michigan Driver's License - no restrictions
- High school or equivalent
- Year-Round, Full-Time Employment.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Life Insurance Plan.
- Retirement Plan.