This position is responsible for making appropriate repairs to boat engines and systems as directed by the Service Manager/Service Writer, using tools, equipment knowledge and resources as necessary to effect quality repairs to customer and stock boats. Position requirements include mechanical aptitude, the ability to work with hand and power tools the ability to read and understand reference materials and keep a record of work performed. This position must have the ability to communicate well with others while functioning as a team member.
The following outline is a guide for expected job responsibilities. It is not intended to limit individual initiative or assistance. All staff are expected to act as contributing members of the Irish Boat Shop team and, to the best of their ability, assist in any area where there is a need. The Company reserves the right to add or delete responsibilities.
- Marine Outboard Engine Mechanics/Marine Technicians will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain outboard engines and may also service marine diesel and gasoline engines for boats and yachts.
- Marine Outboard Engine Mechanics/Marine technicians will troubleshoot and repair engines and lower units, marine systems, and related electrical equipment.
- Current Marine Factory Certification in at least one discipline preferred. (Mercury, Mercury Verado, Yamaha, Evinrude E-Tec)
- Perform all preventative marine engine maintenance (I.E. oil changes, break in services, annual services, lower unit services, cable replacements, etc.).
- Perform and complete marine repair work within established time frame.
- Marine Outboard Engine Mechanics/Marine Technicians will conduct routine fluid changes, install batteries, engine instrument panel wiring and installations.
- Must have at least 3 years of prior experience working as a Marine Outboard Mechanic/Marine Technician.
- ABYC Certification is strongly preferred.
- Certification in Mercury, Mercury Verado, Yamaha, or Evinrude E-Tec is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of Outboard Marine engine maintenance, installation and repair.
MARINE MECHANIC/MARINE TECHNICIAN BENEFITS:
- Year-Round, Full-Time Employment.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Life Insurance Plan.
- Retirement Plan.