Troubleshoot, repair, upgrade and install marine AC and DC electrical systems and electronic components in boats and yachts to 70' in length. Electronic components include navigation, autopilot, communication, entertainment and more. Skilled craftsmanship required for excellent finish work in boats and yachts.
The following outline is a guide for expected job responsibilities. It is not intended to limit individual initiative or assistance. All staff is expected to act as contributing members of the Irish Boat Shop team and, to the best of their ability, assist in any area where there is a need. The Company reserves the right to add or delete responsibilities.
- Examine electrical AC and DC system of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, like ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to confirm compatibility and safety of system.
- Use different types of tools or equipment including but not limited to measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment inclusive of oscilloscopes, ammeters, or check lamps.
- Maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures.
- Diagnose faulty systems, apparatus, or parts, using equipment and hand tools.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or parts to spot hazards, defects, or the necessity for adjustment or repair.
- Confirm compliance with ABYC codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow instruction to assure proper placement of wiring or equipment, and to confirm compliance with assembly and safety codes.
- Create wire runs in compliance with ABYC standards.
- Perform physically difficult tasks including working from ladders or scaffolds, entering tight or confined spaces, moving heavy equipment into position.
- Assist Service Office in developing preliminary sketches and quotations for electrical or electronic troubleshooting, repair, replacement or installation.
- Participate in customer follow-ups with the Service Department.
- Communicate with manufacturers on technical equipments or troubleshooting.
- Perform routine and annual maintenance of customer boats.
- Operate Yard Equipment including trucks, Travelift and forklift to assist in moving boats through the yard, repair and storage facilities.
Other responsibilities beyond those listed may be required based on need, season, and demonstrated skills by the technician.
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary seasonally. Weekend and holiday work is required. This position requires heavy lifting. Climbing is required. The ability to operate tools, power equipment and motorized cranes and vehicles is required. The work environment is frequently outside, summer and winter and requires that this position be able to function in a variety of climate and weather conditions.
MARINE ELECTRICIAN/ELECTRONICS INSTALLER BENEFITS:
- Year-Round, Full-Time Employment.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Life Insurance Plan.
- Retirement Plan.