Regional Development Manager
The Regional Development Manager - Petoskey (RDM) of Crooked Tree Arts Center (CTAC) is a
key contributor to the financial sustainability of the organization and growth of our Petoskey
campus. The RDM is responsible for the design and implementation of the fundraising model and
the stewardship and growth of our donors, with a focus on the Petoskey service area. The RDM
collaborates with CTAC staff and leadership to establish fundraising and membership goals, and
works to achieve them through soliciting corporate sponsorships, private donors, foundation
support, and other community resources.
The fundraising model includes identifying and connecting with new prospects, nurturing and
growing established relationships, executing fundraising events, designing and marketing giving
opportunities, grant writing, and stewardship.
The RDM will also work to deepen the relationship between CTAC and its members, manage
high-level donor benefits, and collaborate with CTAC staff on marketing our giving opportunities
The RDM position is based in Petoskey, and reports to the President. The RDM will also work
closely with the President, Membership Engagement Director, Events Manager, Traverse City
RDM, development consultant(s), and other staff, board leadership, and volunteers as needed.
The RDM is a full-time, in-person salaried position. This position is ideal for an outgoing, motivated,
and organized person who loves the arts and values working in a pleasant, mission-driven
environment. The position will be full-time with some evenings and weekends required for
special events. This position is based in Petoskey, with occasional travel to Traverse City.
The successful RDM will:
● Support CTAC’s mission of inspiring and enriching lives through the arts and help build
CTAC’s fundraising capacity in the Petoskey area.
● Have professional non-profit development experience, a passion for arts and culture, and a
robust network and knowledge of area funders.
● Be an effective, engaging communicator who can tell our story and make the ask.
● Meet and exceed fundraising and membership goals and objectives.
Other duties as assigned to support the operational and programmatic needs of the organization.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● 2+ years of relevant professional experience working with/for nonprofit organizations or
relevant for profit business experience.
● Experience working with a customer relationship management system and in the Google
● Experience identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors; both individuals
● Experience / knowledge of non-profit fundraising events and campaigns.
● Excellent written, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills -
engaging, well-spoken and comfortable in front of an audience.
● High level of discretion on ethical approach to fundraising.
● Professional skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
● Aptitude for problem solving and strong critical thinking skills.
● Must be goal-oriented, self-motivated, reliable, detail-oriented, articulate, and poised.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and with teams of various internal and
● Must have a valid drivers license.
● Salary range $50,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience
● Health Insurance
● 403 B Retirement Plan
● Short-Term Disability Plan
● Two weeks paid vacation, plus paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Eve and
How to Apply:
Email your resume and letter of interest as PDF attachments to CTAC President Megan DeWindt
at email@example.com. Please include your name in the file names, e.g.
Crooked Tree Arts Center
Crooked Tree Arts Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with locations in Petoskey and
Traverse City, Michigan. Founded in 1971, CTAC’s mission is to inspire and enrich lives through the
arts. CTAC offers arts and cultural programming in a variety of areas, including visual arts, ballet,
culinary arts, and more.