Chef de Cuisine — Roast & Toast
Who you are: A creative, talented, and driven chef with a passion for food. You are a proactive leader, teacher, and manager who wants to build a kitchen team but doesn't want to work nights anymore. You have attention to detail and love using locally sourced ingredients. You enjoy a fast paced work environment and might break out into a song while you make some great dishes.
The Opportunity: You will lead Roast & Toast to be the best place to eat a casual meal in Petoskey. Expect to work daily with Ben Walker (GM & Owner) to develop your team and menu strategy. R&T has a 30 year history of success and has the opportunity to refresh much of its menu to go along with old favorites. You have a the resources of a growing restaurant group with the freedom of a small store.
Who we are: We are a fun café and coffee shop that has been a staple of downtown Petoskey since 1993. It is a small, funky team that takes food and hospitality seriously, without taking ourselves too seriously. We want to provide great tasting and freshly prepared food and coffee to anyone we can. Results matter to us and we like to measure them. We believe in treating all stakeholders with respect and being strong employers, teammates, and community members for the next 30+ years.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage all aspects of kitchen operations, including menu development, food preparation, cooking, and presentation of dishes
- Collaborate with suppliers and local farmers to ensure the freshest and best quality ingredients are consistently sourced.
- Train, mentor, and manage kitchen staff to ensure a cohesive team environment and maintain high standards of food preparation and safety.
- Monitor inventory levels, oversee stock rotation, and manage food costs effectively while minimizing waste.
- Uphold kitchen cleanliness and sanitation standards in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Full time, salaried role with monthly performance bonus.
- A collaborative and inclusive workplace that values work-life balance and the well-being of our team members, including paid time off, IRA match, and flexible scheduling.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Food provided
- Paid time off
- 5 years
- Yearly pay
- Day shift
- Morning shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Performance bonus
Weekly day range:
- Weekends as needed
- Casual dining restaurant
Work Location: In person