Our mission a Bay Bluffs-ECMCF is to provide exceptional care with compassion and dignity. This is a team effort. The cook position provides the opportunity to work both with residents and behind the scenes. The cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable standards and established policies and procedures, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times including a mix of short ordering cooking and a standard menu cycle, and assists in maintaining a positive physical, social and psychological environment for the residents while maintaining resident comfort.
Bay Bluffs –ECMCF offers an attractive benefits package including:
- Competitive wages
- Affordable health insurance including prescription coverage, vision, and dental(Payment in lieu if already insured elsewhere)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Generous PTO: accruing 120 hours in your first year of employment
- Shift Differentials: for hours worked between 7pm and 7am and on weekends shifts
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Business Resource Network(Success Coach)
- Wellness Program
- Employer funded retirement plan(401A) after 1st year of employment
- 457 retirement plan available upon hire
- Education Assistance Plan(after your first year of employment)
- Flexible scheduling, rotating weekends, and holidays and year round employment
- Must possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to work with others as part of a team.
- Good communication skills. Ability to hear and respond to resident requests.
- Effective organizational skills with the flexibility to make changes in planned routines to accommodate changing resident needs.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and on-call days as scheduled.
- Have a positive attitude toward the elderly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.