Position Title: Tribal Prosecutor
Employer: Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians
Location: Petoskey, MI
Main Duties: The Tribal Prosecutor, is responsible for independently prosecuting criminal, juvenile, and other cases in tribal court and handling Indian child welfare cases in state court.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (includes, but is not limited to, the following) Provides advice and prepares formal legal documents on a wide range of problems dealing with complaints and citations filed in Tribal Court. Responsibilities range from interviewing conservation enforcement officers, law enforcement officers, and individuals; to gathering and analyzing evidence in cases; to preparing and presenting evidence in Court.
• Attends Court, drafts court filings and performs research for Child Welfare cases.
• Attends Court, drafts court filings and performs research for Criminal cases.
• Attends Court, drafts court filings and performs research for Landlord/Tenant cases.
• Attends Court, drafts filings and performs research for Treaty Enforcement cases.
• Attends Court, drafts filings, perform research and enforces Indian Child Welfare Act.
Website: Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians | Employment Opportunities (ltbbodawa-nsn.gov)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Please contact the Tribal Chairperson’s Office at (231) 242-1418 or email@example.com with any questions.
Welcome New Members!
Upcoming Member Events
Content goes here!