The Estimator will be working closely with the General manager, Accounting and Production departments, s/he will be responsible for estimating and specification writing for each company project. This includes working with the sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure accuracy of their numbers in our projects. This role will develop additional work-order costs as needed, and create job-site specifications to provide the transition from Sales to Production. During the production phase of projects, this person will be responsible for monitoring the budget, collecting cost records from subs and suppliers, and tracking budget vs. actuals on each job. S/He will make adjustments to our cost database with the real data and manage possible line-item cost overruns to ensure an on-target pricing model overall. Initial job walks with the lead salesperson/General manager will be an integral part of ensuring accurate estimates and budgets.
Candidate must have:
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated leadership ability
· The ability to work with a variety of people
· Confidence to work independently with a minimum of supervision
· Knowledge of commonly – used concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field, including reading blue prints
· Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and the use of computers, tablets and email
Ideal Candidate Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in construction management or equivalent education and training
· Minimum Five (5) years in construction and estimating experience
· Competent in the use of estimating software
· Knowledge of scheduling software a plus (Buildertrend)
· A high level of professionalism; Dependable, results-focused and ethical
· Well organized with excellent planning skills
· Creative systems thinker with the ability to see the whole business and not just its component parts
· Works meticulously and is detailed oriented
· High-level math proficiency
· Solves problems effectively
· Able to read drawings and specifications, and blue prints
Welcome New Members!
Upcoming Member Events
Content goes here!