First Presbyterian Church of Harbor Springs
The First Presbyterian Church of Harbor Springs has served the greater Harbor Springs, Michigan area for more than 120 years, providing spiritual nourishment to countless generations of church family and friends.
Led by the Reverend A. Marsh, the First Presbyterian Church of Harbor Springs was officially formed on Saturday, June 22, 1878 when the faithful gathered at Hartwell’s Hall in what was then called “Little Traverse” Michigan to organize a church of the Presbyterian denomination. The very next day, services commenced and the “First Presbyterian Church of Little Traverse” has for over 130 years been recognized as a spiritual leader in Northwest Lower Michigan.
Less than 3 years later in early 1881, our church was renamed “The Presbyterian Church of Harbor Springs,” and as our membership grew and flourished, it became necessary later that year to purchase property and build a new church on East Third Street in downtown Harbor Springs. Dedicated on the Sunday before Christmas in December 1881, we were truly gifted with a debt-free church in which to worship and honor our lord.
Rep/Contact InfoKip Murphy
- Phone: (231) 526-7332
Welcome New Members!
Upcoming Member Events
Content goes here!