FREE CONFIDENTAL MEMORY SCREENINGSName: FREE CONFIDENTAL MEMORY SCREENINGSDate: April 24, 2018Time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDTEvent Description:A memory Screening event will be taking place in our community. We will be offering free, confidential memory screenings to the public on April 24, 2018, as part of the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s National Memory Screening Program.
We would appreciate your support in helping us spread the word to your clients, friends and family about this event. Following is some background on the program:
- AFA’s National Memory Screening Program provides free, confidential memory screenings to individuals concerned about memory problems or who want to check their memory now and for future comparisons.
Pineview Cottage will offer screenings on April 24, 2018 at 6 pm at Harbor Springs City Hall
160 Zoll Harbor Springs, MI 49740
231-622-5017 for an appointment
- Qualified healthcare professionals administer the face-to-face memory screening, which lasts approximately 10 minutes and consists of a series of questions and tasks designed to gauge memory, language skills and other intellectualfunctions.
- A memory screening is not used to diagnose any particular illness and does not replace consultation with a physician; however, it is an important first step toward finding out if an individual may have a memory problem. Individuals who score below the normal threshold, or who still have concerns about their memory, are advised to follow up with their physician for a thoroughevaluation.
- Some memory problems can be readily treated, such as those caused by vitamin deficiencies or thyroid problems. Other memory problems might result from conditions such as Alzheimer’s that currently are not reversible.
- Early diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease enables individuals to obtain treatment and services and make legal and financial decisions that can improve quality oflife.
- We will also distribute educational materials on brain health and Alzheimer’s disease at the event.
Hilde Bonesteel RN –Owner
Welcome New Members
Upcoming Member Events
Content goes here!